The new trees are doing well. We put a protective barrier around each tree and then a layer of mulch to keep the weeds from growing up around them, and to keep us from running over them.
The apple trees are starting to bud, and a few blooms have opened. I hope we can get lots of apples this year. We are now out of apple butter, so we will plan a Saturday in October to have an Apple Fest. We will again use the large iron kettle and do this outdoors. I would also like to get a cider press so we can make apple cider.
Mr. B and PB built a salad tray for me, so it is planted with a variety of leaf lettuce and some radishes. They are coming up well. I am anxious to have my first salad!
This week's to-do list:
- Decide on what herbs to put into raised bed
- Transplant larger seedlings into pots to place in green house
- Plant next round of brussel sprouts
- Find and order seed corn to plant
- Organize garage storage
- Inventory jars for preserving
- Refinish ottoman
- Finish making napkins
- Cut and put border on clean-up towels
- Plan Easter dinner menu
- Shop for Easter dinner
- Make Easter dress
- Remove sod and prepare for raised bed for herbs
- Remove rocks from garden