Make it your goal to live a quiet life, minding your own business and working with your hands, just as we instructed you before. Then people who are not Christians will respect the way you live, and you will not need to depend on others. First Thessalonians 4:11-12 (NLT)

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Real Food Update

I have been following the site http://www.100daysofrealfood.com/ since the first of the year. Is it working? YES. When we stick with it completely, we all feel better over all. Specifically for me, I have been able to reduce my antacid prescription from 30 mg twice a day to 15 mg once a day. That is amazing since I have been on the higher dose for several years. I have lost 10 pounds, my husband has lost 20 pounds. My blood sugars are a little better. Whenever we do eat out, we feel sluggish and kinda nauseated. It takes a little more planning and work regarding meal prep, but the benefits are worth it. I am adding more raw foods to my diet in an effort to reduce or eliminate my diabetes meds.

No comments:

Post a Comment